Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Reef

The video cast that I watched pertained to coral reefs. This video explained how they worked and what they do. It was a very good video and it explained the process very well. Apparently the coral keeps the whole reef alive. It's a simple food chain in that the coral gets it energy from the sun and the fish get their energy from eating the coral. It's a pretty amazing process.

I thought that the video was pretty informative. The quality of the video was pretty good, and it seemed like a video that you could show in a science class. Video podcast and others like them seem to be a great tool in the classroom today. Kids seem much more likely to listen to a video than a teacher simply lecturing.

I feel that in my field of history, videos such as these can be invaluable. I know that when I was in school, I always loved when we were watching videos in class. Not just because they were not as boring as the teacher, but because I really did enjoy watching them. I think it's a great idea and I definitely plan on using them in my classroom in the future.


No comments: