Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Class Podcast

This was the first time that I think any of us, besides Dr. Strange, had ever done a podcast. I think that for the most part everyone did a very good job, but there are definitely some things that we need to improve on. I listened to three podcast, including my own and I think I learned a lot about how to do a podcast and how to do it better next time.

I did a podcast with Keri Ashworth, Autumn Jordan, and Dr. Strange. We discussed Dr. Stranges thesis that students now are listener/watchers and not reader/writers. I thought that it was a pretty good one, especially with Dr. Strange doing it with us. That was a huge help. But I do think that we could have addressed the issue more, and not just some of the different aspects of the question. I know we were all a little nervous, but I think that we had pretty good composure and that we did a fairly good job.

Another podcast that I listened to was Sara Large and Tina Dillen discussion on how technology is used in their College of Education classes. They talked about USA Online and how it is used in our classes. It was very informative and I got a better understanding about how this site is used. They did a pretty good job, but the only thing was that they kind of read off of their notes a little too much. But overall, it was a pretty good podcast and I think that they did a good job.

I really liked this project and had a lot of fun doing it. At first I was dreading it and was really nervous about talking in front of was soon to be millions of people. But after we started doing discussing our topic, it was really kind of fun. I think that podcasts are a great tool that can be used in the classroom and I definitely plan on using them in my future classroom.

No comments: