Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pros and Cons of Blogs

This was the first time that I had ever kept up with a blog before. To tell you the truth, I did not even know what a blog really was until this semester. It was kinda hard to keep up with it because I had never done one and was not in the habit of doing so. But I still managed to do all of them, which I was surprised that I even did that. To me there are many pluses and minuses to blogs in the classrooms.

I read through Tina Dillen's blog for this post because we sat next to each other. She helped me out a lot this year and would always keep me informed about things that I missed or things that I did not understand. Her blog was really good to. Her posts were very informative andwell written. She did a really good job on her blogs.

The pluses that I can see with keeping up a blog for a class are pretty numerous. One reason is to simply keep everyone informed about what is going on in class. I'm sure that parents are going to like the idea of knowing what their child is learning and doing in their class. Blogs seem like a great way to keep parents in the loop, which I'm sure most would like. It would also keep kids who are maybe absent, or just miss an assignment informed about what they have do or what they need to study.

Some of the minuses to keeping up a blog may seen kind of lazy, but to me it's a lot of work to keep up with it. It was especially hard for me because I'm not that into computers and technology, so I would sometimes forget to do one and would have to double up and sometimes triple up the workload some nights. But besides sheer laziness, blogs in the classroom seem like a great idea.

Overall this was really good experience for me to be responsible for keeping up with a blog. I did not always want to do it but I got it done most of the time. I would recommend doing a class blog to any teacher because of all of the benefits that it has. The pluses definitely out way the minuses.

No comments: