Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wikipedia

Can you really trust the all knowing Wikipedia? I know that every time I'm curious about something, or my friends ask me a question that I can't answer, I always just look it up on Wikipedia. But is it really reliable. Apparently it isn't. According to NRP, the seemingly center of all knowledge, can not be trusted.

According to the post on NRP, anyone can change the information that is put on the website. There isn't very many restrictions or anything holding people accountable for the information that they put on Wikipedia. Even though Virgil has made it possible for us the public and the government to monitor who changes information on the site, it still isn't that reliable. It's a shame but now we know that Wikipedia is in fact not that reliable and should never be used to do research.

No comments: